Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseball gamethreads
Can we have the date of the game in the main part of the title, since it gets confusing as teams usually play a series. Like I be seeing threads, that be like vs. Astros. How do I know looking from the front page if it's the 4/4, 4/5 or the 4/6 thread?
I just made some improvements to the game threads in the Cubs Gameday forum. At least I think they are improvements.
[Image: 627167.jpg]
2008-09 IU basketball motto: My Team Is On The Floor!

[Image: CUBS-1.gif]

Much improved. We also ought to lock gamethreads once the game is over. Obviously not right away, but after a certain amount of time
I'll edit the Sox threads. I'll also lock the ones that have already been played...
[Image: fortesig.png]
Only reason why I didn't lock anything was because no other gameday forum (bears, bulls, blackhawks) get locked after each game...
[Image: 627167.jpg]
2008-09 IU basketball motto: My Team Is On The Floor!

[Image: CUBS-1.gif]

Alright well I'll lock the Bears ones. There are too many Hawks and Bulls ones to lock, however, next year I'll lock them a day after each game.
ArrayAlright well I'll lock the Bears ones. There are too many Hawks and Bulls ones to lock, however, next year I'll lock them a day after each game.[/quote]

As a mod, I noticed that you can set a time to close each topic after you start it. It takes a little more work, but then it does it automatically.:rockon!:
OC, do you really need to put the matchups in every thread? I don't see it useful, because it can change before the game, plus we have the team sites to look for it as well
ArrayOC, do you really need to put the matchups in every thread? I don't see it useful, because it can change before the game, plus we have the team sites to look for it as well[/quote]

He puts in there for quick reference so if we're ever feeling as lazy as you are, then we can just look there instead of yelling at the Internet to download ...
ArrayOC, do you really need to put the matchups in every thread? I don't see it useful, because it can change before the game, plus we have the team sites to look for it as well[/quote]
I also don't think it's right for you to put "LETS GO:cubssmiley::rockon!:" in every game thread.