Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commish firms up time frame for ruling on Pacman's reinstatement
ArrayPALM BEACH, Fla. -- Suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Pacman Jones might know by July whether he'll be playing NFL games in 2008.

"I'll make a decision prior to the start of training camp," commissioner Roger Goodell said of possibly reinstating Jones, who was suspended for last season for violations of the personal-conduct policy. "I have seen some of his recent comments … and some of those comments were encouraging. I have always said he has to accept responsibility for his actions."[/quote]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3323489
If Pacman behaves, it'd be stupid not to give him another shot.
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
That's a pretty big if.
Pacman should be suspended for the first 8 games on 2008. He hasn't learned. He still goes to strip clubs. People seem to forget that not only was there an altercation in January, but he also had one in October. He didn't do nothing, but he was at a club with his entourage
There's something wrong with going to strip clubs? Just because he got in trouble there before, he should be able to do whatever he wants within the law. He lives in America and deserves the same rights.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
ArrayThere's something wrong with going to strip clubs? Just because he got in trouble there before, he should be able to do whatever he wants within the law. He lives in America and deserves the same rights.[/quote]
I didn't say that. He told Goodell that as part of changing his image he would stay out of strip clubs. It's not for the strip clubs alone, it's for lying to Goodell
I don't remember him saying that, but I'll take your word for it. If you find an article, post it here please.

ArrayI don't remember him saying that, but I'll take your word for it. If you find an article, post it here please.[/quote]
Where have you been? It's been all over ESPN since last year
Here, I found something:

ArrayGoodell asked Jones what he was doing to help himself to change his lifestyle. Jones gave a lot of the right answers, such as volunteering that he was going to avoid the nightclub scene.

The commissioner asked him if the self-imposed ban included strip clubs. Jones said yes.[/quote]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2866310