Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sox-Cubs 2006 Brawl looks puny now...
ArrayI take offense to that[/quote]

As do I. I played soccer for 9 or 10 years. It is a very hard sport to play that gets absolutely no respect. Now do I watch it, follow it, or want to go see it live? No, but I respect how hard those players play and I recognize it as a sport.<!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->
....You'd wish you never knew me....

[Image: hdr_595.jpg]
[Image: temppu7.png]
My avatar says it all :rockon!::sox1::sox2:
[Image: fortesig.png]
ArrayMy avatar says it all :rockon!::sox1::sox2:[/quote]

Kudos to you.

As for you soccer fans... I hate the sport, I'm sorry. I just can't watch it, let alone play it with heart in PE.
ArrayKudos to you.

As for you soccer fans... I hate the sport, I'm sorry. I just can't watch it, let alone play it with heart in PE.[/quote]
When I played it in PE, I was aggressive as hell. But I hate it too. My parents made me play it when I was little, it's so dumb. The offsides rule is the dumbest rule ever. It rewards lazy defense. Every time I had a breakaway, ref called offsides. And whenever I saw the other team about to get a breakaway, I would just kick back and they'd get hit w/ offsides
ArrayWhen I played it in PE, I was aggressive as hell. But I hate it too. My parents made me play it when I was little, it's so dumb. The offsides rule is the dumbest rule ever. It rewards lazy defense. Every time I had a breakaway, ref called offsides. And whenever I saw the other team about to get a breakaway, I would just kick back and they'd get hit w/ offsides[/quote]
Same rule goes for hockey. It's not a dumb rule, it prevents &quot;cherry picking&quot; (as it's called in basketball).
Well then make cherrypicking illegal, but don't punish a team when they got a breakaway
ArrayWell then make cherrypicking illegal, but don't punish a team when they got a breakaway[/quote]
Cherry picking is the same thing. It's just saying that you can't stand all the way back by the net (or hoop, for basketball) and wait until a team clears it (like in hockey), get the puck, and go 1-on-1 with the goalie (hockey). If that's the case, while they wouldn't be called &quot;penalty shots&quot;, there would be a lot more &quot;penalty shot&quot; type plays.
ArrayCherry picking is the same thing. It's just saying that you can't stand all the way back by the net (or hoop, for basketball) and wait until a team clears it (like in hockey), get the puck, and go 1-on-1 with the goalie (hockey). If that's the case, while they wouldn't be called &quot;penalty shots&quot;, there would be a lot more &quot;penalty shot&quot; type plays.[/quote]
But if a guy outruns the D, why should the defense be rewarded? I'm saying it should be illegal to just stand there and wait for your team to clear, but if you beat the defense and break away, why should the defense be rewarded?
ArrayBut if a guy outruns the D, why should the defense be rewarded? I'm saying it should be illegal to just stand there and wait for your team to clear, but if you beat the defense and break away, why should the defense be rewarded?[/quote]
Perhaps the rule is different in soccer? Or maybe you, or a team mate, didn't do something. I don't know the rules of soccer, so I can't help ya there. Sorry...
No, whenever someone broke away the ref would call offsides. Whenever the other team had one, I'd just kick back, and they'd get called offsides