Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs ST
I didn't see anything posted yet about this. I am looking over the boxscore and a few things caught my eye:

TheRiot went 3-3 with a steal while leading off (Soriano had day off)
Fontenot went 2-2 with a HR and a Triple!
Pie went 2-2 with a HR and a double! He also had a walk and scored 3 runs!!!
DLee went 1-1 and had 2 RBI's.

Dempster went 2 innings and gave up 1 ER (a HR to Randy Winn).
Gallagher went 2 innings and gave up 1 ER.
Jose Ceda had a rough day... 2 hits, 2 walks, and 2 runs in .2 innings. but did have 2K's. He is only 21 years old afterall so please don't say he is a 'bust' now.

Link to BoxScore

It is just 1 meaningless spring training game, BUT it is still good to see some of the youngsters (especially Pie) do well! I don't think you can underestimate the importance of getting Pie some confidence at the plate, even if it is only ST.
[Image: 627167.jpg]
2008-09 IU basketball motto: My Team Is On The Floor!

[Image: CUBS-1.gif]

I agree that it is a meaningless ST game. But it is definitely nice to see the youngsters who are expected to contribute this season do well.
/DvdD
Yup.

I just saw the highlights on TV and Pie's new swing looks great.
Of all those things Pie is by far the most important. Followed closely by the strong performances by Dempster and Gallagher. It's still Feb so not too much can be drawn from this but if Pie is able to keep the swing short and Dempster can keep have strong outings that can answer a couple of the Cubs biggest questions.
"They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way!"

Blogging at 2ndcitydiehard.blogspot.com
Host of Bearscast at www.bearscast.com
Co-host of Wait 'til Next Year at www.thesportsstuff.com
San Francisco 8, Chi Cubs 6

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/boxscore....sfnmlb_chnmlb_1

Walrond sucks.
ArrayWalrond sucks.[/quote]

Gave up a Grand Slam in .2 innings, I think he just sealed his fate in AAA once again :o.

I'm excited about the Cubs future.

They have a very good farm system from AAA Iowa down to A Peoria.

But guys, don't but judgment onto the any of the players yet.

We still have a long way to go until training is over.

You won't see any of the players at full playing strength until the later part of the month.
<blockquote><div align='center'><span style="color:#2e8b57"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#2e8b57"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#2e8b57"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#2e8b57"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000">[Image: chikz1.jpg]<!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:#2e8b57"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#2e8b57"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#2e8b57"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#2e8b57"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#2e8b57"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#000000">[Image: chc.gif][Image: 1499zjt.gif][Image: 2l9lhmo.gif][Image: iai.gif][Image: nnx.gif][Image: kakc20.gif]<!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
</blockquote></span><!--/sizec--></div>
Chi Cubs 6, Seattle 5

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/boxscore....chnmlb_seamlb_1
ArrayChi Cubs 6, Seattle 5

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/boxscore....chnmlb_seamlb_1[/quote]

Team LOB: 11

Not a bad game, but I'd like to see them improve in the left on base category. We left way too many men on base last year, especially in the playoffs.
ArrayTeam LOB: 11

Not a bad game, but I'd like to see them improve in the left on base category. We left way too many men on base last year, especially in the playoffs.[/quote]
Normally I would agree, but look at the starting lineup today:

Cedeno (CF)
Theriot (ss)
Fukudome (rf)
Murton (lf)
Hoffpauir (1b)
Fox (DH)
Figueroa (2b)
Cintron (3b)
K. Hill (catcher)