Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nighttime Racing at Chicagoland
2008 Sprint Cup race under the lights

I think we're getting tickets again this year so I can't wait to see what it's like under the heavenly skies!:rockon!:

I've been to Chicagoland Speedway races where it's been 100 degrees out... it was brutal, but definitely worth it. I wasn't there for 2007, though.:(
Array2008 Sprint Cup race under the lights

I think we're getting tickets again this year so I can't wait to see what it's like under the heavenly skies!:rockon!:

I've been to Chicagoland Speedway races where it's been 100 degrees out... it was brutal, but definitely worth it. I wasn't there for 2007, though.:([/quote]

A few years ago I went to the Brickyard 400 when it was in the mid 90's (the year Bill Elliot won)... Those hot days sure take a toll on you! Especially when you get there before noon and the the race doesn't start until 2:00...

The night races are fun, but i'm not sure if there are now too many night races... It use to be that the night races were 'special', it no longer feels that way IMO.
[Image: 627167.jpg]
2008-09 IU basketball motto: My Team Is On The Floor!

[Image: CUBS-1.gif]

They announced this back in August.

But I go every year, but this year it'll be something special.
[Image: fortesig.png]
I've been going since it opened in 01 and have had the same seats every year. I can't wait for this year's race. With the second groove that has formed over the last couple years and the "cooler" temperatures, it should make for some exciting racing. Plus, I won't be having little beetles flying around.
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr. - Behind: -139 Points - 0 Wins - 5 Top 5 - 9 Top 10 - 0 DNF

Last Race: Coca-Cola 600 - 5th Place.
Next Race: Best Buy 400 at Dover International Speedway
The cooler track temps should make for better racing.

For the amount of cookie-cutters tracks on the schedule, I think Chicagoland is one of the better ones for how young of a track it is.

There are places, namely Californa, that just suck.

The sister tracks of Chicagoland and Kansas are starting to develop multiple racing grooves, which in turn, should make for better racing.
^ Aging gracefully, they are.
Since Chicagoland has lights now, I think a CTS race will be coming soon.