Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SpyGate Saga
ArrayHalf of Congress should resign, the lot of the corrupt psychos.

I understand Congress getting involved in the steroids topic, that's actually a smart thing. But over SpyGate? Bullshit.[/quote]

Actually, they are not really all that different theoritically. Steroids give individuals unfair advantages in performance. 'Spygate' gives a team an unfair advantage in performance. They are both a form of cheating.

Now I think you are saying Congress has gotten involved in steriods because younger athletes were/are taking them. This IS a problem because these kids that were/are taking steriods are messing up their bodies, but unlike these superstar athletes most will never play in a professional league and will never be rich.

Now the question is, where is the line drawn with Congress getting involved with cheating in sports? Apparently it is somewhere between Steriods, and Spygate.
[Image: 627167.jpg]
2008-09 IU basketball motto: My Team Is On The Floor!

[Image: CUBS-1.gif]

ArrayNow the question is, where is the line drawn with Congress getting involved with cheating in sports? Apparently it is somewhere between Steriods, and Spygate.[/quote]

If you think about it, there's always been cheating in sports and always will, it's just never consistently blatant obvious. It's not something we like, but it's a part of life...

Certain aspects of cheating (steroids) we need to get fixed and asap. SpyGate, well... I don't like it, but I don't think it needs to be probed by Congress.
Yahoo! Sports
ArrayIf you think about it, there's always been cheating in sports and always will, it's just never consistently blatant obvious. It's not something we like, but it's a part of life...

Certain aspects of cheating (steroids) we need to get fixed and asap. SpyGate, well... I don't like it, but I don't think it needs to be probed by Congress.[/quote]

Exactly. SpyGate has already been punished, yet most steroid abusers have gone unpunished.
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
Yeah I still don't understand why Goodell would destroy that tape. Something smells fishy about all of this but of course, they just had to have this news get out right before the superbowl.
[Image: rosesigzm7.png]
<span style="color:#FF0000">Official Derrick Rose statline with predictions:
1st year: 12.6 ppg 3.7 rpg 6.7 apg 1.2 spg 0.6 bpg 43.7 FG% 29.1 mpg
2nd year: 16.1 ppg 4.8 rpg 7.9 apg 1.8 spg 0.7 bpg 45.5 FG% 35.3 mpg
3rd year: 19.3 ppg 5.7 rpg 8.0 apg 2.3 spg 0.6 bpg 47.1 FG% 37.0 mpg
4th year: 19.7 ppg 5.0 rpg 9.1 apg 2.0 spg 0.5 bpg 45.9 FG% 36.4 mpg
5th year: 20.3 ppg 5.2 rpg 9.0 apg 1.8 spg 0.8 bpg 50 FG% 38.8 mpg
Already read it
God, ever since this senator came up, all sorts of accusations came up.
LEAVE THE PATRIOTS ALONE!!!!
All this senator wants is publicity
The day before the Super Bowl, sounds a bit fishy to pick that day don't you think?
ArrayYeah I still don't understand why Goodell would destroy that tape. Something smells fishy about all of this but of course, they just had to have this news get out right before the superbowl.[/quote]

Kind of a mood killer, eh?:angry:
ArrayAlready read it
God, ever since this senator came up, all sorts of accusations came up.
LEAVE THE PATRIOTS ALONE!!!![/quote]

<span style="color:teal"> Because they can't handle the pressure. :rolleyes: Seriously, since they cheated, people deserve to know. We fans shell out billions each year collectively to fuel this industry, we deserve to know what happened. In my opinion, there's no such thing as blissfully ignorant when it comes to sports.
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
I have a few reactions.
1. :lol:... no make that :LMAO:
2. As soon as this broke following week #1, It seemed like no one in the NFL (fellow franchises) was surprised because it had been known they have been doing this for some time.

IF all of this is true (right now i don't know who or what to believe), I feel like we have a right to know what was legit and what isn't (similar to steriods). Maybe I am in the minority here, but this casts a dark cloud over the NFL for the 2000 Decade. Here is something else to consider as well... Maybe the Patriots aren't the only ones doing it. Bellichick has already tried point out that the Jets have tried taping signals and were asked to stop.

3. Common, this is the NFL... the league that can do NOTHING wrong... Any publicity is good publicity, Right? Watch the ratings for the Super Bowl be record breaking tomorrow because of all of this talk about the Patriots and Spygate.

Edit: I agree with what SoxFan said above 100%!
[Image: 627167.jpg]
2008-09 IU basketball motto: My Team Is On The Floor!

[Image: CUBS-1.gif]