Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SpyGate Saga
ArrayYou can thank Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake for that[/quote]

Just wait 'till Tom Petty's 60 year old peter pops out.
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
ArrayJust wait 'till Tom Petty's 60 year old peter pops out.[/quote]

Oh God! Oh God, why did I even read this post?!

:puke:
ArrayOh God! Oh God, why did I even read this post?!

:puke:[/quote]
why did you let the rest of us read that post?:puke:
[Image: 627167.jpg]
2008-09 IU basketball motto: My Team Is On The Floor!

[Image: CUBS-1.gif]

My bad. At least it didn't happen, right? I might have lost my beef sandwich.:puke:
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
I knew my Rams deserved to win that Super Bowl...

The fans deserve to know the full extent of the Patriots cheating. The NFL has tried covering it up to prevent their image being damage... hopefully it will all come out.
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers own!:rockon!:
[Image: swisherswigny1.png]

[Image: 6ta4fmb.gif]
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3234049
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3246788

Now I hate the Pats, but this is going too far. Like Sean Salisbury said on ESPN, if you're going to investigate the Pats, investigate the 31 other teams. My co-host on radio today was telling me that this Arlen Spector guy is a nutcase who is doing this b/c he is a sore loser over Super Bowl XXXIX, and he is also doing this to cover his ass because Comcast is one of his financial supporters
Arrayhttp://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3246788

Now I hate the Pats, but this is going too far. Like Sean Salisbury said on ESPN, if you're going to investigate the Pats, investigate the 31 other teams. My co-host on radio today was telling me that this Arlen Spector guy is a nutcase who is doing this b/c he is a sore loser over Super Bowl XXXIX, and he is also doing this to cover his ass because Comcast is one of his financial supporters[/quote]
I'm sorry, but it just doesn't happen that way. Maybe it should, but it doesn't. Not in any league.

Here goes a long rant, I am going to use an analogy (that is very close to home for me) to help prove my point. I remind everyone the top line in my signature during this post.

This is very similar to what is happening with Sampson at IU right now. Both Sampson and Bellicheck have a history of breaking a rule that no one else has publically broken. Once a coach has a target on their back, they will either run the cleanest program/franchise or it will be blown out of proportion in the media.

Has there been any other team place a camera on a coach that gives signals to their team? My guess is yes there has, however there is no team that has been as obvious about it. The Patriots have been caught breaking the rules, regardless of what other teams do they have broken the rules and should suffer their punishment.

Has there been any other coaches in college basketball to call a recruit over the limit of # of calls? I am sure there are dozens out there. It is just that Sampson did it coninuously 1.5-2 calls a week over a period of years. Then he repeated it once he got caught. Sampson has been caught breaking the rules, regardless of what other coaches do, he has broken a rule and should suffer his punishment.

IMO both should be fired. Belicheck continues to break a rule the week after the NFL sent out a league wide memo about what they videotape. Sampson breaks a rule he was already on probation for. Instead: both have lost $500,000 and continue to coach???
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following is the 'on-topic' part of my post.

As for Spector, isn't he doing what every-NonPatriots NFL fan has wondered all along? Could he still be upset for the Patriots beating the Eagles in the Super Bowl? Sure it could, but if the Patriots cheated to gain an advantage during that super bowl the world has a right to know IMO. Rumors have recently come out that the Patriots have broken rules in filming the Rams final practice prior to the SB. There is now also speculation about a Patriots/Steelers playoff game (I believe it is the 2004 AFCCG). Now Roger Goodell has been quoted in saying that he knows that Bellicheck has been breaking these rules since 2000.

I think Spector is just wanting to know why these tapes were destroyed. It is a valid question if there was something trying to be hidden in destroying the evidence. Does this mean the NFL is hiding something? NO! but it is a legitimate question and that is what my opinion is about this situation with Specter.
[Image: 627167.jpg]
2008-09 IU basketball motto: My Team Is On The Floor!

[Image: CUBS-1.gif]

ArrayAs for Spector, isn't he doing what every-NonPatriots NFL fan has wondered all along? Could he still be upset for the Patriots beating the Eagles in the Super Bowl? Sure it could, but if the Patriots cheated to gain an advantage during that super bowl the world has a right to know IMO. Rumors have recently come out that the Patriots have broken rules in filming the Rams final practice prior to the SB. There is now also speculation about a Patriots/Steelers playoff game (I believe it is the 2004 AFCCG). Now Roger Goodell has been quoted in saying that he knows that Bellicheck has been breaking these rules since 2000.[/quote]

:yeahthat:We as fans deserve to know whether this team is actually a dynasty as the media makes them out to be... or whether they are a bunch of phonies. As a Rams fan I would like to know if they legitimately won the 2001 Super Bowl or not, I imagine the 2001 Rams would like to know even more than me.

A baseball reference, we as fans would like to know every player who used steroids, so we know whose stats are legit and whose are not. This is the exact same, the Patriots are supposedly cheaters and we deserve to know how many of their wins are legit. Barry Bonds cheated, everyone hates him now, Tom Brady and the Patriots cheated, everyone glorifies them... Fair? I think not.