Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SpyGate Saga
Does SpyGate affect millions of little kids like steroids do? I don't think so. I can understand the steroids investigation, but SpyGate, I can't. Nice to see that my tax dollars are being wasted on this. After seeing that the government does these kinds of probes and wastes all this money in Iraq, I don't ever want to hear that they don't have enough money to do something.
ArrayDoes SpyGate affect millions of little kids like steroids do? I don't think so. I can understand the steroids investigation, but SpyGate, I can't. Nice to see that my tax dollars are being wasted on this. After seeing that the government does these kinds of probes and wastes all this money in Iraq, I don't ever want to hear that they don't have enough money to do something.[/quote]

Yes, it does affect kids... If you let the Patriots get away with this with nothing more than a slap on the wrist you are telling kids it is ok to cheat...

Also, can please please stop with this garbage about your tax dollars being wasted?!?! Assuming you voted, you put those people in office who are spending your money. If you don't like how the government spends their money, then write a letter to your congressman or vote for different people.
Do I get to vote for all 535 congressman? No I don't. And it is MY tax dollars, because I work and pay taxes to this dam government
Buckeye, shut up about your tax dollars and start discussing SpyGate.

Now, my opinion on this? I don't think it's of great importance for Congress. Cheating has been, is, and always will be a part of sports. I think it should be up to the leagues to limit that, and hopefully the NFL sent home a point by slapping Belichick with a $250K fine and the Pats organization with a half-million dollar fine. This is the type of cheating that has run rampant in sports from day one.

ArrayYes, it does affect kids... If you let the Patriots get away with this with nothing more than a slap on the wrist you are telling kids it is ok to cheat...[/quote]

Even in little leagues, I'm sure kids cheat. Kids cheat on quizzes and tests and homework in school as well. It's human nature to want to find the easiest route out.

That said, the steroids scandal is an entirely different matter. That is a whole different kind of cheating, and this has an extremely negative effect on youngsters. Steroids can greatly harm your body, and not only that, it's illegal, which is a big deal, so why do sports think that they can get away with juicing? Congress is right to probe the steroids scandal because of the physical effects it can have on a human, but about SpyGate? That's stretching it a little.
BC, stop whining. This won't make a significant change in what you pay for taxes, if it does at all. Anyway, we as fans deserve to know what happened here. I've said it before, we pay for this industry to support it and when something goes wrong I want to know exactly what happened. I'm not sure if Specter should've made such a big deal out of this like he did, but it's still something that I want to know.
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
I said I don't think we should be investigating this because this doesn't affect little kids the way steroids does. Arlen Spector is a sore loser who is only doing this because the Steelers and Eagles have lost to the Pats, and because Comcast is one of his biggest sponsors. The whole purpose of this investigation is not to get to the bottom of Spygate, it's so that he can win Pennsylvania in 2010 when his seat is up
Thought we'd merge all the SpyGate topics into one.

Belichick speaks out:
Read for yourself
ArrayThe Patriots’ pattern of illicitly videotaping the signals of opposing N.F.L. coaches began in Coach Bill Belichick’s first preseason with the team in 2000, a former Patriots player said. The information was put to use in that year’s regular-season opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Belichick’s debut as New England’s head coach.[/quote]

This stands out to me for a few reasons.
1. I thought the players &quot;did not know&quot; about the video taping...
2. Who is this former Patriot?

New Claim of Taping Emerges Against Patriots (an article dated 2-22-08 in the NYTimes)
[Image: 627167.jpg]
2008-09 IU basketball motto: My Team Is On The Floor!

[Image: CUBS-1.gif]

This article just keeps giving more proof Belicheck is a liar.

ArrayYet emerging details continue to pull the league back in time. On Feb. 2, The Boston Herald reported that the Patriots may have taped a Rams walkthrough practice the day before the teams played in the 2002 Super Bowl. The Patriots won, 20-17, on a last-second field goal. Belichick, speaking to The Boston Globe, recently denied that the practice was taped.[/quote]

But it's common knowledge that it was taped.
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
Dungy made a funny
[Image: 627167.jpg]
2008-09 IU basketball motto: My Team Is On The Floor!

[Image: CUBS-1.gif]