Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Bears mock draft
The Bears currently have eight picks in the 2008 draft, one in each of the seven rounds plus an additional third-round selection they obtained in a draft-day trade with the San Diego Chargers last year. The Bears dealt their fifth-round pick to the Buffalo Bills in exchange for defensive tackle Darwin Walker, but regained a fifth-round pick from the Carolina Panthers in a deal for safety Chris Harris. The Bears also could be awarded a compensatory pick or two after losing free agents such as Alfonso Boone, Todd Johnson, Ian Scott and Cameron Worrell.
<span style="color:#FF0000">-from Bears Chalk Talk on chicagobears.com

So as it stands now, here's how I see our draft goin'...

1. Kenny Phillips, S, Miami/Jeff Otah, OL, Pitt/Ryan Clady, OL, Boise State
2. Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas/James Hardy, WR, Indiana/Michael Oher, OL, Mississippi
3. James Hardy, WR, Indiana/Kirk Barton, OL, Ohio State/Marcus Griffin, S, Texas
4. Roy Schuening, OL, Oregon St/Barry Richardson, OL, Clemson/Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware
5. Devone Bess, WR, Hawaii/Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State/Earl Bennett, WR, Vandy
6. Jamar Adams, S, Michigan/Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame/Barry Booker, DT, Va Tech
7. Jehuu Caulcrick, FB, Michigan State
8. Chad Rinehart, OL, Northern Iowa

Thoughts on mine? Thanks! Feel free to post your own.
[Image: fortesig.png]
I especially like 1, 2, and 5
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
ArrayI especially like 1, 2, and 5[/quote]
As soon as I saw today he was going pro, I started drooling. I feel he'd be a great pick up in the 2nd round and a great change of pace RB for Ced, and he may one day be able to carry the load by himself.
Arraygreat change of pace RB for Ced, and he may one day be able to carry the load by himself[/quote]

That's what I feel he needs to get better. If the teams get too used to his running style, then bring in Felix and mix it up and go back to power when the time is right. Just do that 'til he develops into a full time starter.
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
King, why did you go with the Pit OL over Baker? Seeing as you are a USC guy and that Guy is a T.. My question.. is he a RT/LT?

I have seen the Pitt guy go in the 2nd round.. Why not take both with how bad the line is.
[Image: auburn3-sm.gif][Image: wsox2-sm.gif][Image: poland-sm.gif]
I rather have the guy from Boise State, but other than that, i like this draft alot!
<span style="color:#708090">
White Sox Baseball:
Where the players are underlooked.
Where the GM is looked at as overated around the league.
Where making under the radar moves have paid off in the past, and will do this season.
Where having winning records year after year, then having a losing year and every fan starts to panic
Where fans go to watch real baseball in Chicago.

2008. Season to Remember.
ArrayI rather have the guy from Boise State, but other than that, i like this draft alot![/quote]
I see him going to KC at 5 and I feel Otah is the next best OL in the draft.
ArrayKing, why did you go with the Pit OL over Baker? Seeing as you are a USC guy and that Guy is a T.. My question.. is he a RT/LT?

I have seen the Pitt guy go in the 2nd round.. Why not take both with how bad the line is.[/quote]
I'm not a USC guy, I just wanted to see them beat Illinois b/c I hate the Illini. But anyway, I have them going Otah here because he's a 6'6&quot;, 340 lbs. beast, and Baker has had knee problem after knee problem. The safe pick here may be Otah.
Why doesn't anyone want Kirk Barton!!?? He would be a good pick too
ArrayWhy doesn't anyone want Kirk Barton!!?? He would be a good pick too[/quote]
He's my back-up if Schuening is gone when we pick for the 4th time.