Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian Roberts Trade Rumors
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cu...T-cub21.article

I'd still like to get Roberts to add another stealing-threat to the lineup. It's obvious we won't get the power he had a few years back, buts its not as if we need it anyways. I just hope Hendry doesn't overpay if he ends up pulling the trigger.
From an Orioles board (an Insider for the Orioles):

(From Bigbird at the orioles hangout forum )
ArrayIt will most likely be a Cedeno, Gallegher, and Marshall with a good chance of it getting done in the next few days. We are trying to get them to take Payton in the deal and include Murton but that's probably not going to happen.[/quote]
Marshall AND Gallagher??? :unsure:

I have a bad feeling about this if it really does happen.

How much of an upgrade is Brian Roberts over Mark DeRosa? I don't think it is > Marshall and Gallagher.
[Image: 627167.jpg]
2008-09 IU basketball motto: My Team Is On The Floor!

[Image: CUBS-1.gif]

Ya, definetly should've give up both of them. It should be Marshall or Gallagher, along with Cedeno, and even that may be stretching it a little.
Something I just noticed... The Date of the article is December 21st! Message board talk is simply just message board talk as far as i'm concerned. Seeing the date on this article does make me feel a little bit better though, Hopefully this deal has died down a bit again (hopefully for good this time).
[Image: 627167.jpg]
2008-09 IU basketball motto: My Team Is On The Floor!

[Image: CUBS-1.gif]

Yea, I was like the WTF, this is an article from 3 weeks ago. And even if this were recent, no way in hell would I do such a deal
Ya, I realized the article was old when I posted it. I was just trying to stir up some discussion on the topic.
I would trade Murton and Marshall for Roberts.. I like Gallagher though we should keep him.
/DvdD
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7650072...3162&ATT=49

Here's a fresh article on the subject. The article is mostly aboud Bedard, but he does mention the Cubs are the most likely fit if Roberts is traded.
Why dont the Cubs try to do deal that will get the Bedard and Roberts? That would fill all of their major needs in one move and then we could start tying up the loose ends.

What about Murton, Pie, Marshall, and another one or two minor leaguers for Bedard and Roberts??
/DvdD