Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL Signings & Trades
Campbell & Huet to Chicago. :rockon!:
Rolston, Holik to NJ.
Redden to NYR. (Overpaid at 6.5 Mil, Trust me.)
Anaheim resign Perry.
Kolzig, Malone, Prospal, Roberts, Vrbata, Hall to TB.
Thoedore to Washington.
Carolina trades Cole to Edmonton for Pitkanen.
Tucker to Colorado.
Stillman to Florida.
Joseph, Hagman, Finger to Toronto.
Brunette, Zidlicky to Minnesota.
Streit to NYI.
Brule to Edmonton in exchange for Torres to Columbus.
Chicago trades Bourque to Calgary for Draft Pick.
NJ resigns Salvador and Pandolfo.
Ryder to Boston.
NYR resign Rozsival.
Lalime to Buffalo.
Raycroft, Ledin to Colorado.
Pittsburgh resigns Dupuis.
St. Louis resign Backes. (Should be some more ruckus in the STL-CHI games with Backes still around).
Washington resigns Green.
Auld to Ottawa.
Montreal resigns Andrei Kostitsyn.
Sauer to Phoenix.
Conklin to Detroit.
Detroit resigns Stewart.
Valiquette resigns with NYR.
Voros, Rissmiller to NYR.
Fedoruk to Phoenix.
Commodore to Columbus.
Boston signs Wheeler.
Babchuk to Carolina.
LA gets Gauthier, Pick from Philadelphia for Hersley, Lukacevic.
Metropolit, Raduns, Vaananen to Philadelphia

Still on the market: Hossa, Sundin, Jagr, Avery, Shanahan, Federov.

Add to this if you know any I missed. ;)
Hossa just went to the Wangs.
From the 4th Period:

3:32pm ET - I'm told the Hawks aren't in the running for Bertuzzi anymore... Huselius camp quiet... Where's Selanne?

3:03pm ET - Looks like another Penguin is leaving Pittsburgh; Jarkko Ruutu's about to join Ottawa.

3:00pm ET - Wild, Leafs, Habs, Oilers, Canucks, Islanders all in running for Huselius... Hawks are looking to make a trade to free up some cap space, and Khabibulin isn't the other guy they're looking at moving, according to a source. TO make things more cap-complicated, they're apparently also interested in Todd Bertuzzi.

2:44pm ET - Okay, back in action. Sorry for the long delay, as you can imagine it's a very busy day. Not as hectic as yesterday, but much more difficult in terms of getting information. I can't discuss everyone I've spoken to, but one guy in particular, agent Art Breeze, shed some light on free agency and one of his clients Jason Smith. I'll be finishing up a piece on Smith shortly (to sum up, lots of calls, nothing finalized yet).

1:35pm ET - Just finished up the chat with Yahoo! Love doing it (every Wednesday, by the way). Anyway, I have a bunch of interviews to make right now, so I'm going to take a quick break and return as soon as possible... Quick note, Huselius closing in on decision, A LOT of interest in Jason Smith.

12:56pm ET - From 1pm to 1:30pm, I'll be jumping in a chat over at Yahoo! Feel free to join in and ask questions.

12:45pm ET - Huselius, I'm told, will be making a decision later today... Hossa signing has Montreal stepping up for Sundin.

12:32pm ET - HOLY COW... Red Wings sign Hossa!!

12:30pm ET - It's been pretty quiet on the Miro Satan front, but he's received a number of calls asking about his services... Bryan Smolinski's getting a solid amount of attention... Those I'm speaking to are pretty tight-lipped right now on how many teams players have spoken to, who's talking to who, etc. and you can't blame them. Day 1 is in the books and Day 2 is when the real mind-games and negotiating begins.

12:27pm ET - Canadiens are still alive in the Sundin and Hossa races. I'm told the Habs basically told Sundin's agent, JP Barry, they can go with around $8M a year, and same goes for Hossa.

12:19pm ET - TB is looking for a stay-at-home defenseman... Rangers appear to be waiting on Hossa and Sundin before moving forward with Jagr... Blue Jackets talking to Brendan Morrison and one report suggest Todd Bertuzzi too.

12:17pm ET - While the Leafs keep their eyes on Ron Hainsey (stop with the d-men!!), the Leafs might be stepping up for Huselius, from the whispers I'm hearing... Still on Toronto, Pavel Kubina isn't expected to be on the team by August and could go in the coming days.

12:11pm ET - A few teams, including the Rangers and Penguins, have inquired about Markus Naslund... Could Shanahan return to Detroit?

12:02pm ET - Maple Leafs are still pretty active out there, trying to add a couple more players... Habs are itching to get an answer from Sundin and/or Hossa... Huselius should sign later today... Doug Weight's getting nice interest... Islanders, Canucks, Thrashers and Caps have apparently talked to Pavol Demitra... Ruslan Fedotenko's name has popped up lately, as well.

11:51am ET - I know, I know... sorry for the delay. Kings have discussed a new contract with Rob Blake, but they're also weighing their options on the UFA front.

11:20am ET - Just spoke with our Pittsburgh boy, Dan Kingerski, host of The Fourth Period Radio Show, who told me the city is buzzing over the possibility of Jaromir Jagr returning. Fans are excited! They may get their wish, as the Pens are still a serious option for Jagr.

11:10am ET - Let the games begin! Josef Melichar's coming back! He's now a Hurricane! Yippee!

11:05am ET - Decision on Marian Hossa could be coming shortly, same with Brooks Orpik as a few steps are stepping up for him right now.

10:56am ET - Todd Bertuzzi, some team's Plan C, is getting a lot of attention, but with the buy out he received, he isn't getting mega-bucks.

10:24am ET - Wild speaking to Huselius camp... Jason Smith and Dmitri Kalinin fielding offers... Sean Avery continues to mull over offers.

[Image: th_i-want-to-believe02.gif]
[Image: 17289.png]
Hainsey to Atlanta.
Boston resign Nokelainen.
Columbus send Zherdev, Fritsche to NYR for Tyutin, Backman.
Hossa to Detroit.
Pittsburgh resign Malkin.
Colorado resign Wolski.
TB resign Craig.
Niskala to TB.
J. Ruutu, Donovan to Ottawa.
Avery to Dallas.
Glencross to Flames.
Mink, Sloan to Washington.
Johnson to Vancouver.
Vancouver resign MacIntyre.
Melichar to Carolina.
Orpik back to Pittsburgh.

Still out there: Huselius, Naslund, Satan, Shanahan, Sundin, Federov.
Philadelphia sign Randy Jones and Riley Cote to 2 and 3 year deals.

The Islanders sign Doug Weight to a 1 year, 1.75 mill contract.

Columbus sign Kristian Huselius for 4 years at 4.75.
Blake to SJ.
Phoenix resign Jones.
Fitzpatrick to Florida.
Naslund to NYR.
Kalinin to NYR.
Tjarnqvist to Colorado.
Miettinen to Minnesota.
Satan to Pittsburgh.
Fedotenko to Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh resign Fleury.
Laraque to Montreal.
Denis to Montreal.
Smith to TB.
St.Louis resigns Y. Stastny.
Hale to Toronto.
Hale to Phoenix.
K. Aucoin to Washington.

Jagr, Federov, Sundin, Shanahan are still out there.
ArrayBlake to SJ.
Phoenix resign Jones.
Fitzpatrick to Florida.
Naslund to NYR.
Kalinin to NYR.
Tjarnqvist to Colorado.
Miettinen to Minnesota.
Satan to Pittsburgh.
Fedotenko to Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh resign Fleury.
Laraque to Montreal.
Denis to Montreal.
Smith to TB.
St.Louis resigns Y. Stastny.
Hale to Toronto.
Hale to Phoenix.
K. Aucoin to Washington.

Jagr, Federov, Sundin, Shanahan are still out there.[/quote]

Off Topic, but on ESPN he's player #666. Hmm...
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
ArrayOff Topic, but on ESPN he's player #666. Hmm...[/quote]

That means he's either going to bring hell to all other teams or that he's going to bring hell to Pittsburgh...
And on Yahoo sports...and SI.com. What's up with that?
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]