Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First football draft today
QB- Derek Anderson CLE, Jeff Garcia TB
WR- Greg Jennings GB, Heins Ward PIT, Nate Burleson SEA, Reggie Williams JAX, Devin Hester CHI
RB- Marion Barber DAL, Ryan Grant GB, Rashard Mendenhall PIT
TE- Heath Miller PIT, Greg Olsen CHI
K- Rob Bironas TEN, Josh Scobee JAX
DEF- Vikings

Thoughts?
[Image: fortesig.png]
Jennings & Grant:wub:

I think you may have taken a bit of a risk at QB. Anderson isn't a sure thing, and the opposing defense should have him figured out better this year.

You look good everywhere else. Good pick on the Minny D, especially with Allen going there.

Williams will put up better numbers than expected with a team that looks like it may be Super Bowl bound. You look solid everywhere, the only question mark is QB.
ArrayThoughts?[/quote]

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to do an NFL draft IMO

Still too much that can change before the season. There are always players that go down in Training camps and then there are players that get injured early in Preseason.

I think you did ok though.
I don't think Anderson will reproduce last years #'s, but he should be solid.
I think you have 2 solid RB's (Barber and Grant). You really only have 2 good WR's (Jennings/Ward). I disagree with Dominic... Jags are and will be a run first offense. They signed Jerry Porter and Troy Williamson... Reggie Williams IMO is nothing more than a flat out bust of the 1st round pick in 2004.
You picked up 2 solid TE's.
Kickers... my only thought is you have a wasted roster space by carrying a backup.
You have a top 3 Defense (as of now) in the Vikings.

JW, where did you draft and how many are in the league? If this league has less than 12/14 teams, I'd be worried. If this is a 16/18/20 team league, I think you did very well (as of current NFL rosters). I assume you took Barber in the 1st round... I'm just curious what pick you took him with (I've read he will go anywhere from 6th-11th).
[Image: 627167.jpg]
2008-09 IU basketball motto: My Team Is On The Floor!

[Image: CUBS-1.gif]

Arraywaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to do an NFL draft IMO

Still too much that can change before the season. There are always players that go down in Training camps and then there are players that get injured early in Preseason.

I think you did ok though.
I don't think Anderson will reproduce last years #'s, but he should be solid.
I think you have 2 solid RB's (Barber and Grant). You really only have 2 good WR's (Jennings/Ward). I disagree with Dominic... Jags are and will be a run first offense. They signed Jerry Porter and Troy Williamson... Reggie Williams IMO is nothing more than a flat out bust of the 1st round pick in 2004.
You picked up 2 solid TE's.
Kickers... my only thought is you have a wasted roster space by carrying a backup.
You have a top 3 Defense (as of now) in the Vikings.

JW, where did you draft and how many are in the league? If this league has less than 12/14 teams, I'd be worried. If this is a 16/18/20 team league, I think you did very well (as of current NFL rosters). I assume you took Barber in the 1st round... I'm just curious what pick you took him with (I've read he will go anywhere from 6th-11th).[/quote]
I know. It was one of those nights were boredom really set in and they had one available.

Reggie Williams caught 9 TDs last year which is the reason I got him.

There are 13 teams I believe. I took Barber in the 2nd- I had the 13th pick so I got him and Grant.
[Image: fortesig.png]
ArrayI know. It was one of those nights were boredom really set in and they had one available.

Reggie Williams caught 9 TDs last year which is the reason I got him.

There are 13 teams I believe. I took Barber in the 2nd- I had the 13th pick so I got him and Grant.[/quote]

Wow, I think 13th (or 14th) pick is a steal (as current rosters are set...)

As for Williams, wow... I had no idea he had that many. I guess you do have history on your side... although the acquisitions of Porter and Williamson will do nothing but hurt those #'s imo (but i've obviously been wrong before ;))
[Image: 627167.jpg]
2008-09 IU basketball motto: My Team Is On The Floor!

[Image: CUBS-1.gif]