Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Rule in order to limit the SPAM
This is a suggestion to have members to have 35 posts before allowing them to start a topic in order to get the spam under control(with more advertising will come the turds who like to spread filth). This will allow those who are new to forums to feel it oot, contribute-- and by 35 posts have a general idea of how things work around here. I know other formus do this in order to make sure spammers can go eff themselves.
The downside is that people cannot start a topic until post 35 (or whatever David deems appropriate), but alls fair in love and spam.

Just a thought.
[Image: th_i-want-to-believe02.gif]
[Image: 17289.png]
Just wondering, why 35? Seems like a random number to me lol.
Thats a good idea

I have actioned this, an announcement will be posted shortly

David
David S
Admin CSZ

[Image: rsnlogo.jpg]
I think it should be more like 10.
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
Dropped it to 15 see how it goes from there

David
David S
Admin CSZ

Good thought, Paul- I see you're using the Hawks official board as an outline to set this one up to succeed. Nice!:rockon!:
[Image: fortesig.png]
ArrayJust wondering, why 35? Seems like a random number to me lol.[/quote]
Tony O.

Actually, King OC hit it on the head.
The Hawks had a 75 post rule in effect, and it limited people from spamming-- additionally, it allowed people to read a bit before they began to post &quot;let's bring back Roenick&quot; for the 50th time.

35 is a bit more flexible, but I still see people posting one letter, or word posts so they can start redundant threads.
[Image: th_i-want-to-believe02.gif]
[Image: 17289.png]
I do like the idea, simply as it ads to the 'quality' of posts here in the forum.

The limit is set at 15 posts just now, so we will see how that goes for a while.

David
David S
Admin CSZ

15 seems like a fair amount much more than that kinda keeps people from really getting started at a new site IMO!
[Image: AlfonsoSoriano-sigcopyPLUSGREGST-1.jpg]

[Image: bear2-sm.gif][Image: nopack-sm.gif][Image: bear1-sm.gif]