Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phaneuf is cover boy
ArrayTHE CANADIAN PRESS

REDWOOD, Calif. -- Calgary Flames defenceman Dion Phaneuf will be the main cover boy for Electronic Arts' "NHL 09" video game.

The 23-year-old follows Eric Staal on the cover.

"I've been a really big fan of the franchise for as long as I can remember and am looking forward to being the face of the game this year," he said in a statement.[/quote]
from sportsnet.ca
[Image: fortesig.png]
Last year Staal was a huge mistake. This year EA picked a great player.

Phaneuf is an all around player. He can hit, score, skate, etc. Not to mention he's among the top defensemen today, and will be a multi-time Norris winner once Nick Lidstrom retires.
And a great role model, too.:rolleyes:Check out the first picture.

http://battleofalberta.blogspot.com/2007/0...wo-seasons.html
I fail to see the big deal. That's typical of a person his age.
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
I agree with Soxfan. No biggy, IMO.
Hanging out in a s***hole club with a bunch of skanks, smoking a cig? Yeah, real classy.

Lidstrom or Zetterberg should have been put on it.
You think he's the only professional athlete who does that?
ArrayHanging out in a s***hole club with a bunch of skanks, smoking a cig? Yeah, real classy.

Lidstrom or Zetterberg should have been put on it.[/quote]

I do not see anywhere that I mentioned it's classy. But it's what people his age do. It's what my siblings used to do, it's what my friends older siblings do and have done, like I said it's not anything out of the ordinary. Let's not blow this out of proportion, he's just having a good time. It's not like he's driving drunk like Benson or pulling a Ronaldo and hiring tranny hookers. All he's doing is smoking a cigarette and hanging out with people his age, both extremely ordinary and legal things to do. And like Dominic said, that's very common with athletes.
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
ArrayHanging out in a s***hole club with a bunch of skanks, smoking a cig? Yeah, real classy.

Lidstrom or Zetterberg should have been put on it.[/quote]
Chill oot.
He's a hell of a player, and not all players are saints 100% of the time.
We're not going to agree with life choices of certain athletes, but at least it isn't a trip with Theo Fleury to strip clubs in Columbus, or giving Heatley the wheel.
[Image: th_i-want-to-believe02.gif]
[Image: 17289.png]
ArrayChill oot.
He's a hell of a player, and not all players are saints 100% of the time.
We're not going to agree with life choices of certain athletes, but at least it isn't a trip with Theo Fleury to strip clubs in Columbus, or giving Heatley the wheel.[/quote]
So if Ray Emery was good last year, it wouldn't be a problem if he was the cover boy? Come on.