Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ticket Prices Up
After all the good that this organ-I-zation has done to regress to the point of 50%-70% increases is just baffling.
I understand the law of averages in pricing, but to justify this withoot a constant playoff run is damned baffling.
Good business?

This isn't the Cubs.

Pretty soon, Detroit games will be considered "Prime" games, like the White Sox do for the Red Sox/Yankee/Cub games.

Dan Kelly gone. Good.
9, 21, 35 back. Good.
All home games televised. Good.
Convention. Good.
No playoffs since 2002-- ticket price increase. What the fuck?
[Image: th_i-want-to-believe02.gif]
[Image: 17289.png]
Wow. They were super expensive to begin with, and now it's even worse. I don't know if I'll be able to make even one game this year.
[Image: fohdtk.jpg]

<span style="color:gray"> White Sox Baseball: Passion. Pride. Tradition.

[Image: sowz9y.gif] [Image: kakc20.gif] [Image: 2l9lhmo.gif] [Image: 11l5ul5.gif] [Image: 1499zjt.gif]
ArrayAfter all the good that this organ-I-zation has done to regress to the point of 50%-70% increases is just baffling.
I understand the law of averages in pricing, but to justify this withoot a constant playoff run is damned baffling.
Good business?

This isn't the Cubs.

Pretty soon, Detroit games will be considered &quot;Prime&quot; games, like the White Sox do for the Red Sox/Yankee/Cub games.

Dan Kelly gone. Good.
9, 21, 35 back. Good.
All home games televised. Good.
Convention. Good.
No playoffs since 2002-- ticket price increase. What the fuck?[/quote]
I get what you're saying, but come on- this team has a chance to be dynasty of going against Pittsburgh in multiple Stanley Cups in 2-4 years.

BTW- do you have a link on this? Can't seem to find it anywhere...
[Image: fortesig.png]
I don't give a shit. I have season tickets.:rockon!:
[Image: ktct.jpg]

<span style="color:#ff0000">Pat Kane for Calder Trophy!<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
My guess for increasing the prices is so the Hawks can increase payroll to build a Stanley Cup contender
ArrayI don't give a shit. I have season tickets.:rockon!:[/quote]
The prices go up for that, too, bud.

BTW, where are your seats?
[Image: fortesig.png]
ArrayI don't give a shit. I have season tickets.:rockon!:[/quote]
Obviously, you must not pay for them, because if you do, and you like this move, you're clearly an idiot.
Check the Blackhawks main ticket page...or here.

[edit]
I would apologize for my statement against Hawks2188, but it seems that he does not keep things in proper perspective. There are plenty of STHs who are really getting the shaft-- the fans who really stuck through the really thin times, and now are seeming to get priced oot in less than one season.
If I appear to be a bit pissed-- well, I am-- because statements that are blurted oot are, this team is 2nd to bottom in pricing, par for the course, we knew it was going to happen, etc.

Yes, inflation happens, thusly ticket prices go up.
I can accept that.
What I cannot accept is the dramatic increases that are happening-- and for some reason the $45 seats go to $40.
The $80 seats are now $115?
Glass seats are $285?
My cheapies are going up 50% to $15/game. I can live with that. I wish there was the 10% discount, like last year-- but I can sacrifice the Ketel One Club membership to still see elite hockey.
I feel bad for the $15 seats raising to $27 per.
Too dramatic.

ArrayI get what you're saying, but come on- this team has a chance to be dynasty of going against Pittsburgh in multiple Stanley Cups in 2-4 years.

BTW- do you have a link on this? Can't seem to find it anywhere...[/quote]
That's fine.
What did they do last year for this increase to take place?
Kane, Toews... fine.
Playoffs?
Nowhere to be seen.
As I have stated in multiple forums, they need to pave the way into many appearances, and I have no problem when it comes time to pay for seats.
[edit]
Could one of the mods change my sig to &quot;Committed to higher ticket prices&quot;.
I knew the increase was coming, I just didn't think it would be this much. HOWEVER... they may not have made the playoffs, but they came pretty damn close to doing so (and right after the previous season's disaster to boot), I think they've earned the right to raise ticket prices. I only just think that it didn't need to be as big an increase. But you know what? They've done a lot of right things to move this franchise forward after the death of Dollar Bill, and like OC said, they have a chance to become a league powerhouse for years to come.

Now that I've said all this, this just came to me- we can bitch about the ticket prices now, but I betcha we won't be bitchin' about it in a couple years when the Hawks are playing into June.
ArrayI knew the increase was coming, I just didn't think it would be this much. HOWEVER... they may not have made the playoffs, but they came pretty damn close to doing so (and right after the previous season's disaster to boot), I think they've earned the right to raise ticket prices. I only just think that it didn't need to be as big an increase. But you know what? They've done a lot of right things to move this franchise forward after the death of Dollar Bill, and like OC said, they have a chance to become a league powerhouse for years to come.

Now that I've said all this, this just came to me- we can bitch about the ticket prices now, but I betcha we won't be bitchin' about it in a couple years when the Hawks are playing into June.[/quote]
I understand your comments, but put the proof on the ice and play past April 10th for a change.
I don't want this to become Wrigley West, where people come to see mediocre play at inflated prices.
Now, there's prime nights. Why? So that the management can stick the shaft to the casual fan that may want to check oot what's going on the West side this winter?
How aboot half price night when the shitty Preds come into town, or the Canucks-- who no one wants to see (besides me).